[IOXperts Video-Announce] IOXperts Webcam Driver 1.1b24

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Fri Oct 10 00:21:12 GMT 2003

We've just posted a new beta (1.1b24) of the IOXperts Webcam Driver
for Mac OSX.

This is a single driver replacing our USB and FireWire webcam drivers.

As of version 1.1, we will also be offering 2 levels of functionality
-- a full-featured driver offered by IOXperts and a basic "LE"
version that is bundled with cameras.

We are still working out the final feature set and pricing for the LE
version, but:

Anyone who has purchased a driver directly from IOXperts will receive
a free update to the full IOXperts Webcam Driver.

Anyone who received an IOXperts driver bundled with their camera will
receive a free update to IOXperts Webcam Driver 1.1 LE.

During the 1.1 beta period, LE customers may upgrade to the full
version for the reduced price of $9.95.

We are not currently aware of any compatibility problems with Mac OS
X 10.3 (Jaguar), but there will be a free update of both the full and
LE drivers if needed.

There are a couple big changes that my affect application
compatibility and we'd like to ask video application developers to
please verify that we work properly with their applications.

This is also a last chance for minor feature requests.

Of particular interest to developers are:

* Many changes to support grabbing cropped images correctly

   If your application calls SGSetVideoRect() or VDSetDigitizerRect(),
   please verify that we got it rignt

* Support for software Pan/Tilt/Zoom

   contact us if you'd like to control these from your application

* IOXperts Camera Control

   an external application for changing video settings behind the
   application's back -- this lets the user adjust video settings
   in applications which do not let the user access the standard
   video settings dialog (iChat AV, Yahoo Instant Messenger, etc.)

* Support for new cameras

   see below.

The files are available for download here:

  <ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b24.dmg.gz>
  <ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b24.dmg.gz>

-----

Also, I want to apologize for the rough conversion to the new list server.

The new mailman-based server is up and running, but it looks like we
lost a bunch of people in the conversion.

After this message goes to the list I am going to send out a notice
to the old list in hopes of picking up the missing members -- sorry
for any inconvenience.

Thanks for your support,

-Steve

-----

Changes for 1.1b24;

* Major rework to correct interaction between flip/crop/zoom

Changes for 1.1b22;

* Eliminated startup delay for some cameras

Summary of 1.1 features:

* Separate retail and OEM versions:

We now have two versions of the IOXperts Webcam Driver, IOXperts
Webcam Driver LE, and the Retail IOXperts Webcam.

* People who have purchased the retail driver, will continue to get
all of the retail driver features.

* IOXperts Camera Control (ICC) for OS X for retail driver.  Look in
/Applications/Utilities.  ICC let's you control the camera even when
the host application doesn't have a video settings dialog.  (iChat,
and Yahoo Messenger for example.)

* Face Tracking for OS X retail driver.  This will automatically zoom,
pan and tilt to follow a face.

* Fixed problem installing over earlier versions of IOXperts FireWire driver

* New cameras supported:

   Aiptek HyperVcam Fun USB (some)
   AME CU-68R
   Ariston iSeeII
   Askey VC050
   Creative Video Blaster Webcam 2
   Creative Webcam Pro eX
   D-Link DSB-C100 (some)
   Digicom Galileo USB
   Dynalink Digital Camera
   Ezonics EZ Cam
   I-View NetView NV200M
   IO Data USB-CCDChat
   Microtek EyeStar
   Mustek VCAM-300
   Pace Contour Video Camera
   SuperCam WonderEye
   TCE Netcam 310 USB
   Tekcom TekCam 10/ECP
   Tekcom TekCam 10/USB
   Terratec Terracam USB (some)
   Timlex WonderEye
   Trust Sp at ceC@m 100
   Trust Sp at ceC@m Lite
   Utobia USB Camera
   Zoom CU-68R
   Zoom ZoomCam 1595
   Zoom ZoomCam 1596
Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572