IOXperts Video Drivers 1.1b46 Avalable

Steve Sisak support-reply at ioxperts.com
Sat Feb 12 12:03:27 GMT 2005

I just realized that it's been a year since we posted a beta to the
general list and think we finally have something that's stable enough
to put out for public testing.

We haven't updated the website yet as we'd like to test with a
smaller group of our existing customers first.

The installers are posted here:

   <http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1b46/>
   <ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Video/Beta/1.1b46/>

There are now 2 versions of the driver:

1) A webcam driver ($19.95) for inexpensive USB and FireWire webcams
2) An industrial camera driver ($99.95) for high end industrial cameras

The industrial camera driver includes support for high speed >60fps,
high resolution, Bayer color, and >8-bit per pixel color.

We'll provide more details as we update the web pages.

PLEASE NOTE:

At the moment, the installer does not require a restart.

If you don't restart after installing, the driver will work until you
log out of your account and then fail to load with a -600 error if
you log back in.

Restarting should fix the problem permanently and will definitely
restore proper operation if the problem (error -600) reoccurs.

We plan on fixing this before release but, since it causes no data
loss and does not interfere with normal operation, we thought it
better to get the driver out for testing in the real world.

-------------

Over the past year, we've completely rewritten the underpinnings of
the driver so that we have much better support for multiple cameras
(including simultaneous use) and now work properly under Mac OS X
"Fast User Switching"

We also no longer require a camera to be attached when you install
the driver and do not need to make separate copies of the code for
each camera.

You can also rename your cameras any time you like using the included
"Camera Identifier" application. (Please note that we're still
working on the user interface, and suggestions are appreciated)

Please give this release a try and let us know if you find any issues.

If you do, please use the link below:

   <http://www2.ioxperts.com/fogbugz/default.php?pg=pgPublicEdit>

to enter it in our bug tracking system. Be sure to provide your
e-mail address if you want to receive status updates.

Thanks for your time,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572