[IOXperts Video-Discuss] List server change and new release

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed Oct 1 19:10:29 EDT 2003

Howdy,

First, I'd like to thank everyone for subscribing to one of the
IOXperts Video Developers lists -- we're putting together a new
release with lots of new features we want to make sure we've got
everything right.

But first, we've got a new list server.

pollution by the last couple rounds of Windows viruses), we have new
mailman-based list server and are changing the list address to
<video-beta-discuss at lists.ioxperts.com> so that we can keep the old
server running while moving the lists over.

Also, I think our splitting of the USB/FireWire/IIDC, etc. lists
created more confusion than it solved, we're going to take this
opportunity to merge them into a single list for discussing beta
releases of all our video drivers.

(My apologies if you get more than one copy of this message as a result)

The logic to this is twofold:

First, since the drivers share a lot of common code, we expect that
there will be more issues related to interactions between the
drivers, Mac OS and applications than specific to a given piece of
hardware.

Second, we're going to try and pull all our releases together and
release on a common schedule, so it makes more sense to have a single
list.

If there's a need, we can split out separate lists later.

So, before we get started, we'd like to move this list to the new server.

I will send out an invitation to everyone currently subscribed to
this list, or you can you can go to this URL and subscribe:

You can also use this URL to access the list archives and change your
personal preferences.

Note that the invitation will be a message with a subject of "confirm
<someverylonghexnumber>"

Note also that since this is intended as a discussion, Reply-To: is
currently set to the list.

----------------

Now for the new release:

We've just posted version 1.1b23 of our combined USB/FireWire webcam
driver at the following URLs (ftp2 has the bigger pipe):

<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/ WebCam1.1b23.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/ WebCam1.1b23.dmg.gz>

We've posting to the developers list first because there are major
changes to support cropping -- VDSetDigitizerRect() -- correctly. If
your application uses this call or the corresponding SG call, please
test thoroughly.

(I'll post some more on this topic a little later)

Also, we're adding support for the following new cameras:

   Aiptek HyperVcam Fun USB (some)
   AME CU-68R
   Ariston iSeeII
   Askey VC050
   Creative Video Blaster Webcam 2
   Creative Webcam Pro eX
   Digicom Galileo USB
   Dynalink Digital Camera
   Ezonics EZ Cam
   I-View NetView NV200M
   Microtek EyeStar
   Mustek VCAM-300
   Pace Contour Video Camera
   SuperCam WonderEye
   TCE Netcam 310 USB
   Tekcom TekCam 10/ECP
   Tekcom TekCam 10/USB
   Terratec Terracam USB (some)
   Timlex WonderEye
   Trust Sp at ceC@m 100
   Trust Sp at ceC@m Lite
   Utobia USB Camera
   Zoom CU-68R
   Zoom ZoomCam 1595
   Zoom ZoomCam 1596

If you have one of these, please start testing.

NOTE: Please do not post this version to any websites, or other mailing
lists.  It is only intended for subscribers to our mailing lists.

Thanks again for your support,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476