IOXperts Webcam Driver 1.1b25 available

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Wed Oct 22 14:47:30 EDT 2003

Hi All,

We've just posted 1.1b25 which adds Mac OS 9 support for most
cameras, as well as a new IIDC driver which provides the same
functionality for high-end industrial FireWire cameras.

At this point I'd like everyone to test this driver thoroughly as
we'd like to get a general release out as soon as possible.

As we mentioned before, 1.1 will be a free upgrade for customers of
our retail USB or FireWire webcam drivers and a paid upgrade ($9.95
during beta).

Due to the low volume and difficulty of supporting the high end
cameras, the IIDC driver is $99.95.

As far as we know, there are no major outstanding bugs except for a
problem with multiple cameras.

If there are, we need so know about it ASAP -- if this release is
stable, we'd like to get it out as soon as possible and follow on
with an update to cover any minor issues.

Please note that not all of the USB cameras are supported on Mac OS 9
yet -- we found a serious bug with one chipset but did not what to
hold the entire release for it -- we will add these cameras in a
future release.

Thanks for your support,

-Steve

Webcam OS X
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b25.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/WebCam1.1b25.dmg.gz>

Webcam OS 9
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOS/Webcam1.1b25.sit>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/WebCam/Beta/MacOS/Webcam1.1b25.sit>

IIDC OS X
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b25.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b25.dmg.gz>

IIDC OS 9
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOS/IIDC1.1b25.sit>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOS/IIDC1.1b25.sit>

Changes in 1.1b25
* Introduction of Mac OS 9 USB support for many cameras see below for
currently list.  Remaining cameras supported by Mac OS X, will come
to Mac OS 9 soon.
* Fixed sliders to work on QT6.4
* Fixed some problems which could cause partially green video on some cameras
* Fixed problem installing which would cause cameras to show as
Philips Vesta Scan
* Improved startup of some cameras by caching values
* Fixed problem which might cause incorrect color on some cameras
* Crash quitting application after unplugging some cameras
* Fixed cropping on RGB video

Current Mac OS 9 Cameras:
ADS 1394 PYRO WebCam (API-200)
ADS 1394 PYRO WebCam (API-203)
Aiptek HyperVcam Fun USB (some)
AME CU-001
AME CU-68R
AME Vcam IEEE 1394 PC Camera (CF-2000)
Apple iSight
Ariston iSeeII
Askey VC050
Creative Video Blaster Webcam 2
Creative Video Blaster Webcam 5
Creative Webcam Pro eX
D-Link DSB-C100 (some)
Digicom Galileo USB
Dynalink Digital Camera
Ezonics EZ Cam
FirewireDirect DV WebCam
I-View NetView NV200M
Imaging Source DBK 21F04
Imaging Source DFK 21F04
Imaging Source DMK 21F04
iRez KritterDIGITAL
iRez StealthFire
LG Electronics LPC-PC20
Logitech QuickCam for Notebooks Pro
Logitech QuickCam Orbit
Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000
Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000
Logitect QuickCam Zoom
MetaControls Technologies FireView-1
Microtek EyeStar
Mustek VCAM-300
Mustek WCam 300
Orange Micro iBOT FireWire Video Camera
Pace Contour Video Camera
Philips ToUCam Fun (PCVC730K)
Philips ToUCam Pro (PCVC740K)
Philips ToUCam Pro Scan (PCVC750K)
Philips ToUCam XS (PCVC720K/40 only)
Philips Vesta (PCVC675K)
Philips Vesta Pro (PCVC680K)
Philips Vesta Scan (PCVC690K)
Pinetron Green Eye
Plustek OptiCam 500U
Point Grey Research FireFly IEEE 1394 Digital Video Camera
Samsung AnyCam MPC-C10
Samsung AnyCam MPC-C30
Sotech Afina Eye
Sun Microsystems 1394 Kit
SuperCam WonderEye
TCE Netcam 310 USB
Tekcom TekCam 10/ECP
Tekcom TekCam 10/USB
Terratec Terracam USB (some)
Timlex WonderEye
Trust Sp at ceC@m 100
Trust Sp at ceC@m Lite
Unibrain Fire-I Digital Camera
Unibrain Fire-i400 Industrial Camera
Utobia USB Camera
Zoom CU-68R
Zoom ZoomCam 1595
Zoom ZoomCam 1596
Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572