USB WebCam driver with iRez Kritter

Dan Velleman djvelleman at amherst.edu
Wed Jul 21 13:42:50 EDT 2004

WARNING:  USB WebCam driver appears to have fried my iRez Kritter:

I have been trying to use an iRez Kritter USB with a G4 powerbook, OS X
10.3.4.  I downloaded the IOXperts USB WebCam driver and installed it,
and everything seemed to be working fine in demo mode.  So I paid my
$19.95, and IMMEDIATELY the video went black.  I just tried the camera
on another computer that it used to work on, and I get the same
thing--just black.  So I'm assuming that my camera is dead.  I suppose
it could be a coincidence, and the camera died at the instant that I
paid, but it seems unlikely.  What seems more likely to me is that the
registration process caused the driver to do something bad to my
camera.  (Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed.)

Has anyone else had this experience?

   -Dan Velleman