IOXperts Video 1.1b42

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Thu Nov 18 21:10:08 EST 2004

Hi All,

I'm sorry for it's been so long, but getting multiple camera support
fixed turned out to be a bit more work than expected and we had to
rewrite the device management code to work correctly with Fast User
Switching -- we're posting b42 which has most of the new features
working:

   <http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1b42/>
   <ftp://ftp3.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Video/Beta/1.1b42/>

There are a couple big improvements:

The first is that we're now able to support multiple cameras without
reinstalling the driver, just as we used to be able to do on Mac OS 9.

The trade-off are the we not require QuickTime 6.0 or newer on Mac OS
X and there may be some issues with running multiple USB cameras at
the same time due to limitations of Mach-O -- switching between
cameras should be fine.

Also, support for cameras based on the Divio NW801 and NW802 chip
sets is broken at the moment -- this will be fixed shortly.

(These are the cameras which you had to identify when installing the
driver -- the issue here is that the driver needs to know what model
of CCD and controller chip is in the camera, but there's no way to
determine this from the driver and we need to rewrite the UI to run
outside the installer)

Here's a list of changes and open issues:

What's New

1) Ability to switch among multiple cameras.

2) Works with fast user switching
	Reboot required after installation.

3) Cameras need not be attached during installation.

4) No need to install each time you add a new camera.

5) Support for Point Grey Scorpion (and possibly Flea) cameras.

Outstanding Issues - to be fixed by final.

0) Reboot required to use in a different user after installation.

1) Camera Control - works with the camera that is active when it starts up.
	If you change sources in your app, quit and restart the
camera control to
	control the new camera.  (to be fixed by final, but not in next beta)

2) SGPanel - works with one camera.
	Switching between multiple cameras gets it confused.
	(to be addressed soon)

3) Software Pan/Tilt/Zoom broken - outstanding bug.
	(to be fixed soon, work in progress)

4) 10.3.6 may have registration issues.
	(to be fixed soon)

5) Doesn't recognize cameras attached after video app startup.
	(may not be fixed for final, but in a later point release)

6) Divio cameras not functional in this release.  Driver works, but
	the application needed to identify them didn't make it into this beta.

If you're trying to use multiple cameras, please give this a try and
let us know of any problems.

Thanks,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476