1.1b43 - Security Spy

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Feb 4 07:41:49 EST 2005

At 7:54 PM -0800 2/2/05, Hans Tobeason wrote:
>Well, that didn't go well.  I downloaded the debug beta, installed,
>and checked that both my Fire-i cameras were recognized using Camera
>Identifier - Debug, which they were.  Then, I launched SecuritySpy.

I think we've got this one -- SecuritySpy is passing a nil pointer as
the outInputID to VDGetUniqueIDs() -- which is not documented as
legal or illegal -- and the driver is writing to it.

The next release will handle this -- I've sent Hans a patched driver off list.

If anyone else is using SS and needs a copy, contact me off list --
I'd rather accumulate a few bug fixes before doing a full release.

Also, if anyone is switching between the normal and logging builds,
you may need to remove some of the pieces of the other variant -- the
installer isn't doing that at the moment.

(There may be no harm in having both installed, but it's something to
look for if you see any strange behavior -- especially extra video
inputs)

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476