IOXperts Video 1.1b45 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed Feb 9 23:27:13 EST 2005

At 12:24 AM +0100 2/10/05, Manfred Schubert wrote:
>Am 09.02.2005 um 23:04 schrieb Steve Sisak:
>>Please report any problems to the list.
>
>Is it normal that this "Camera identifier" program opens? I don't
>remember this from previous versions of the driver. It identifies
>the camera correctly, but clicking the Save button does nothing.

That's normal -- and a new feature.

Actually the application has always been there but it's been kind of hidden.

It's primary purpose is to let you tell the driver what kind of
camera you have if it's one of the ones we can't dell apart from
software (Divio chip set), but it also lets you change the name of
your cameras as displayed in the Video Settings dialog -- i.e. so you
can name them "FishCam" and "CoffeeCam" if you like.

The popup lets you select the camera to to configure and clicking
"Save" does save the name (but there's no feedback).

If you had a Divio-based camera, there would be a second popup for
you to identify the camera model as well -- and the camera will not
be recognized until you do.

We plan to have the Camera Identifier launched automatically whenever
an unrecognized camera is attached, but that's a bit of work, so we
thought is was safer to have the installer open it than have to
answer "why doesn't the driver seem by camera?"

At some point, I'd rather have something more like a Device Manager
that gives you manage assorted pieces of removable hardware that you
own.

I'd definitely be interested in suggestions on how to do the UI better.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476