Multiple FireWire cameras (was: b45 Logging Writing Continuously To Log)

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Sat Feb 12 14:40:58 EST 2005

I just wanted to report back to the list that I've isolated and
reproduced Hans' problem.

There is a driver bug that manifests itself when running 2 IIDC
cameras simultaneously because of a few globals that shouldn't be
global in the FireWire code.

It will probably take a day or two to fix this, but I believe the
only way to reproduce it is using Security Spy with 2 FireWire
cameras. (Does anyone know of other apps which use multiple
simultaneous streams?)

Switching between FireWire cameras should be fine as well as
simultaneous use of FireWire and USB cameras, so please continue
using 1.1b46 -- I don't expect the fix to affect anything else.

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476