IOXperts Video 1.1.2d7 posted

Steve Sisak support-reply at ioxperts.com
Thu Nov 17 10:22:02 EST 2005

Hi All,

We're working on a minor update to the IOXperts Video drivers (both
webcam and industrial) and finally have something ready for testing.

Most of the work done has been internal (new eSellerate engine, new
Xcode version, etc.) although there are a couple user visible
features including the ability to tell the driver to ignore a device
(for people with an iSight and a USB webcam) and support for a few
more IIDC cameras.

A few areas where we'd like to see testing include:

We've done major rework on the daemons that allow the driver to
save/restore preferences for non-admin users. This should improve
stability with Fast User Switching and multiple user sessions.
Functionality should be the same, but we'd like to know if there are
any problems.

I've improved the mode-selection logic for a number of IIDC cameras.
In particular, the image size has changed for the Sony XCD-SX910/710
cameras, to cause them to stay in the "standard" modes rather than
Format 7 -- please report if this has any undesirable side effects.

I've also added direct support for most of the IMI Tech line of
cameras -- if you have one, please test.

Thanks,

-Steve

Features in 1.1.2d6
-------------------

Added since 1.1 Final of Webcam and Industrial Camera Drivers

User visible features

	* Added checkbox in Camera Identifier app to tell the driver
to ignore a particular camera.
	  This is useful when you have an iSight and a USB Camera and
want to use Apple's iSight driver
	  for the iSight and the IOXperts driver for your USB Camera.

	* Added a list of generic Divio camera types to the camera
type menu in the
	  Camera Identifier app.  This allows users to select generic
types when
	  using a Divio based camera which we don't have in our list, but which
	  has the same vendor and product IDs as the one that we support.
	  Divio cameras.

	* Better mode selection support for Industrial cameras.

	* Updated eSellerate engine - purchase now requires entry of
security code when purchasing.

	* Additional cameras supported: IMI Tech IIDC cameras

Supporting features

	* Device Monitor is now properly written as an OS X daemon
and is launched by launchd on
	  10.4  It still runs as a startup item on 10.3

	* Installer and Uninstaller bug fixes.

	* Device monitor preferences are reorganized.
	  Let us know if you have any problem running after an overinstall.
	  Look for signs that the Camera Identifier app displays no
cameras when
	  some are plugged in.

Known Behaviors
	This hasn't changed much since 1.1.

	*  Does not support disconnect reconnect.
	*  Does not support multiple cameras in IOXperts camera control.
			Close camera control and re-open after
switching sources.
	*  May only open cameras in one app/session at a time. (naturally)
			(Better notification is desirable)
	*  Does not support 10.1
			(Will not support 10.1)
	*  Does not work with Macam driver installed. This is a
problem with Macam.
			(In a point release we will refuse to open
when we detect presence of Macam)
	*  Does not Allow switching among 2 Divio based cameras.
			(Older code which is non-reentrant)
	*  Occasionally a USB port will appear to die or become
unusable after using a
	   video application.  This is a bug in Apple's USB code.
Seen on 10.3.
	   		(Is it still present on 10.4?)
	*  Camera state not consistently restored after computer
wakes from sleep.
	*  We have received localization files from some of our beta testers.
			We'll get these in as soon as we can.
	*  UI may not be fully localized.
	*  Installer removes prefs files for any version prior to 1.1 final.
			Bugs fixed in late beta.
	*  Yahoo! IM is not a very stable program.  You may report
bugs against it to us,
			but it's not a very stable program.

	*  Association of preferences and camera names with multiple
USB cameras
	   and the reconfiguration of USB cables and hubs.  There are
some obscure cases
	   in which preferences for a camera may be mis-selected
because the driver has more
	   than one valid choice when mulitple identical usb cameras
have been attached.
	   The work-around, when possible, is to keep all cameras
attached, and move one
	   at a time.  Of course, it's fairly easy to use the remote
control and camera
	   identifier applications to set preferences for a camera.
	   (This probably isn't something we can improve very much.

Requirements

	*  Please upgrade your video apps.
		A number of video apps have been fixed as a result of
problems we have found.
		Particularly - iChatUSB, iSPQ, <add more>.
		<TODO - following versions are recommended  OR
please use latest released version>

	*  OS X
		Please use the following versions of Mac OS X
			10.4  (any)
			10.3.9
			10.2.8