IOXperts Video 1.1.2a12 posted -- Philips support

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Jul 17 15:03:41 EDT 2006

We're getting close to a formal public beta, please speak up about
any problems now.

(Also, it's been very quiet in here, please reply privately to let me
know who's testing and what OS, machine, and applications you're
using)

   <http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1.2a12/>
   <ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Video/Beta/1.1.2a12/>

Changes in 1.1.2a12:

Philips decoder (both PPC and Intel) is now reentrant -- this should
help performance when recording from 2 cameras at different
resolutions.

I also fixed a number of minor bugs for both Philps and new Logitech
cameras related to possibly returning the wrong video format.

For new Logitech cameras, behavior under Rosetta is now more
consistent with native applications -- the same resolutions are
reported, etc.

I also bumped the expiration data to Aug 15.

Changes in 1.1.2a11:

Intel support for the older Logitech (3000 and 4000-series) and
Philips cameras working.

Sorry this took so long, but as mentioned before it was pretty tricky
to get right without damaging cameras.

---

I should have been more explicit here in the previous release notes:

>Note that this release will be a paid upgrade but we do not have the
>new serial number scheme working.

What I meant to say was that Intel support for the older cameras
(Logitech and Philips) will be a paid upgrade -- PPC support will be
free, as will support for the new Logitech cameras, since there
hasn't been an official release yet.

Intel support in the beta will work with existing PPC serial numbers.

If you're planning on purchasing a new driver for Intel use, please
contact me offline and I'll send you a PPC serial number so you can
test the upgrade process when we have it set up.

Thanks for your help,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476