issues with Logitech USB webcam

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Jul 24 08:20:22 EDT 2006

At 11:27 PM +0200 7/20/06, Kenneth Hoste wrote:
>I'm currently using the 1.1.2a12 version of the IOExperts Webcam
>driver to get any kind of image with my newly bought Logitech
>Quickcam for Notebooks Pro.

Is this the black model or the white model?

(They both work but use different chipsets)

>I am getting an image, but somtimes of very low quality (vertical
>stripes, no color) or just plain black. When I try again a few
>times, I get the image I should get. Is this a known issue with this
>version, or should it work fine?

It's not a known issue -- or a known failure mode.

>I'm using OSX 10.4.7 on a PowerBook G4, and the video (preview) feed
>is seen using  IChat.

Which model G4?

First step would be to reproduce with another application -- there's
a copy of HackTV (Apple sample code) with a bit of instrumentation on
our website:

<http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Utilities/HackTV%20Universal.zip>

Also, I'm assuming you're using iChatUSBCam with iChat -- with this
release, I changed the output format for the newer (black) model to
RGB only, which may be an issue.

If HackTV works, we should get Ecamm involved. (We work together regularly)

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476