IOXperts Video 1.1.2a26 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Thu Feb 15 10:16:52 EST 2007

At 3:49 PM +0100 2/15/07, Andi wrote:
>just a short feedback: a26 still crashes inside Skype after some
>time or when there has been usb-activity, with the same backtrace
>and log-entries I sent you as report for the test version you asked
>me to try.
>So sadly no positive news for this point.

What type of camera and machine do you have (IIRC, it was Philips
SPC900NC / Intel Mini, but want to double-check)?

Is anyone seeing this problem who is not using a Philips-based camera
(including older Logitech) on an Intel mac?

The reason I ask is I ran across a buffer alignment issues that
occurs only with a UHCI host controller -- EHCI (high speed devices)
and OHCI (all PPC machines) are not affected.

The fix is in the Divio driver (because it trips the bug more
easily), but not in the Philips driver yet -- this is supposed to be
handled by the OS, but I can handle it in the driver, possibly with a
performance benefit.

This would also manifest itself as a hang when stopping video.

I'm going to try and have this fix applied in the general case in the
next build.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476