IOXWebcamX-1.1.2a30, 31, 32-Log

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Tue Jul 31 12:26:20 EDT 2007

Hi Hans,

Based on the images you supplied, I'm reasonably sure that this is
the problem of ioxdeviced crashing -- it has less to do with the
driver version than the OS version.

The issue has been discussed many times on this list, the workaround
is to relaunch ioxdeviced manually. It is located at:

   /Library/Application\ Support/IOXperts/Private/ioxdeviced.app

Once it is launched, your camera should be visible.

I am still trying to isolate why it sometimes crashes, but
relaunching the deamon seems to work in all cases -- the only caveat
is that you need to relaunch it if you switch users.

HTH,

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476