unknown process steals Philips SPC 900NC

Sebastian Hunt seb at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed May 2 05:59:21 EDT 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007, Steve Sisak wrote:

> I think that this is the result of a bug where our daemon responsible for
> handling camera preferences and initializing cameras when connected gets an
> error at startup and fails to launch.
>
> I'm still trying to isolate the problem but launching the daemon:
>
>  </Library/Application Support/IOXperts/Private/ioxdeviced>
>
> by hand appears to work around the problem.
>
> I don't know if this will work from a non-admin account and it may be
> necessary to re-run the daemon after switching users.
>
> I'd be interested in how well it works for you.

Yes, this works, both from admin and non-admin accounts. And yes, it seems
it is necessary to re-run the daemon after switching users (though not
always - haven't seen any pattern in that yet). I'm currently using the
logging version of 1.1.2a30 and you are welcome to the log, though I guess
that info will not be any help here?

Seb Hunt