IOXperts Video 1.1.2a38 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Nov 16 10:22:52 EST 2007

I'm building a release right now it will be up shortly.

At 10:04 AM +0100 11/16/07, Gilbert COURBARON wrote:
>I'm angry... I rceive an Email (see  beelow) the 16 november for a
>beta wich expire the 15 november and don't work .

You can get around this by setting the date on your computer back a few days.

The purpose of a BETA program is for testing software that isn't
ready for public release.  The reason that the beta isn't posted
publicly on our website is because, if we did, people would try to
use beta software in a production environment and then complain that
it didn't work.

It is assumed that you will never use beta software in a production
environment (or will take responsibility for any ill effects).

This is also the reason that beta versions have an expiration date:

Before we did this, people would use a particular version they liked
and not test later versions -- the result was that a bug introduced
in a later version was not caught.

>Crash BTV, Imagecaster etc...

I have not seen you file any bug reports (with crash logs) to the list.

If you do not report bugs, they can't be fixed.

(Note that I'm not sure BTV is being actively maintained any more)

>I'm a registered user and i t's not a good thing. I have the
>necessity to use my webcam for an internet site and this site don't
>work from many day's.
>It's not serious...

In that case, you should be using the release version of the driver
for your website (which also means that you can't upgrade to Leopard
until we get this release out).

If you'd like that to happen more quickly, please use the beta
version of the driver and report problems to the list or create a
support ticket with:

1) A descrition of the problem

2) Steps to reproduce it

3) A description of your system (Machine, camera, OS version, etc.)

4) Any crash logs, etc.

There is also a logging version of the driver that can provide us
more information which we may ask you to install.

If you are having problems, we want to hear about them -- in detail
so we can fix them, but please make sure you understand that, by
participating in a beta program, you get early access to software in
exchange for your help in testing it.

More later, but I need to finish the build. :-)

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476