Hmmm....

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Tue Dec 16 15:10:39 EST 2008

At 2:45 PM -0500 12/16/08, Edward Hahn wrote:
>On 16 Dec 2008, at 1:40 PM, Steve Sisak wrote:
>>>  Did 10.5.6 break the IOxpert's USB webcam driver for anyone else?
>>
>>  Not that I'm aware of (assuming you're running version 1.2, which
>>  went GM in September). It's definitely working fine on my MacBook Pro.
>
>OK - sorry for this - I've done a little more digging - the driver
>appears to be working correctly, it's iUSBCam that has stopped working
>after the last update.

That makes more sense -- considering that they have to patch into
iChat to disable the code that disables non-Apple drivers, I think
they intentionally disable themselves whenever the iChat version
changes until they can be sure that nothing they depend on has
changed out from under them.

(This prevents them from crashing your machine if there's a change
that matters)

They don't have the option of testing with beta releases because
Apple has made changes in this code between the final beta and
customer ship in the past -- our drivers worked fine for all of the
betas of iChat AV until they introduced code to disable non-Apple
drivers in the final release.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572