Logitech firmware problem (workaround)

jed jedi.theone at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 02:20:03 EST 2008

About 3-mths ago you mentioned you were hoping to have workaround for
newer webcams that lockup when switching between modes (see excerpt of
correspondence below)
Can you please notify if you've had a chance to look at this and if not
is it something you intend to prioritise soon?

If not then I'll simply use Logitech's software in a VM on Windows...
Tis pointless using yours as is or "downgrading" my webcam simply to get
things working.

Thanks,
Jed.

Thanks, might as well wait until you come up with workaround rather than
buy yet another cam.
Hopefully you'll have some time soon, if it works nicely with the latest
generation of quickcams then I'll definitely be buying a license.
Be cool if we could also pay little extra (say $30?) for priority
support...

Cheers,
Jed

Steve Sisak wrote:
If you search the archive, you should find an answer.

It's a problem with the 2MP sensor where if you switch it between
certain combinations of modes too quickly, everything locks up.

It's definitely possible to work around it, but I have to spend a couple
of weeks of engineering time to build a test rig to help Logitech
diagnose the problem and I have no funding to do so.

The cream colored Vision (might be Ultra Vision).