IOXperts Video 1.1.2a45 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Tue Feb 5 21:43:07 EST 2008

I think I've found the problem -- I should have an official patch out
tomorrow, but I've posted a temporary build on my internal server
which ought to work if you want to try something sooner.

<http://www2.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1.2a46/>

It's also looking like FireWire might not be working on Leopard for
the same reason that it's not working on Intel (support for old-style
DCLs is broken).

On my G5 Quad, FireWire appears to be working on Tiger but not
Leopard -- I'd appreciate it if anyone can give it a smoke test and
let me know if it works for you.

With this release, old serial numbers should work again, but new
purchases will generate a new-style serial number so that we don't
have to worry about upgrades for new purchases.

I also made a change to the scheme 1 serial number scheme:

As you may have noticed, USB unique ID's can contain arbutrary
unitcode characters -- for instance some of the Philips cameras have
spaces in their serial numbers.

While there's no problem with this, it makes the unique IDs look
strange, and they are frequently mistyped, so for the 1.2 serial
numbers, I'm removing any non-alphanumeric characters from USB unique
IDs before displaying them or using them in file names as this looks
like it would be safer in the long run.

Please don't purchase FireWire drivers with this build as I want to
make the corresponding changes on eSellerate for the official release.

Sorry for the inconvenience on this,

-Steve

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476