Quickcam Orbit AF Problems

Stefan Will stefan.will at gmx.net
Thu Feb 28 20:36:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I recently bought a new Logitech Quickcam Orbit AF to use with my Intel
based Mac Mini. It works fine with the built in driver, but I got the
IOXperts driver so I can use the Pan/Tilt/Zoom features on the camera. I
got it working once with the beta 43 driver, but never consistently. The
typical behavior is that the camera initializes when I open a camera
window (the led turns on), but then I don't get any video and in Skype I
just get a constantly rotating beach ball. The other weird thing is that
the camera control window comes up with chinese (?) characters (see
screenshot) even though I have the US English version of OSX 10.4.

I've attached a screenshot (with Video Viewer in the background). I also
have the logs I got with the logging driver (no difference in behavior
between the logging and non-logging drivers by the way). Steve, I can
send those to you separately, they're about 172K zipped.

Is there anything else I can try ?

Thanks,
Stefan