IOXperts Video 1.1.2b4 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Mar 31 20:11:54 EDT 2008

Available here:

   <http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1.2b4/>
   <ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Video/Beta/1.1.2b4/>

This release expires May 1, 2008

This is primarily to bump the expiration date before 1.1.2b3 expires
tomorrow (I remembered this time), but contains a few logging fixes.

Also, sorry for any confusion about version numbers -- I realized
that we've been advertising 1.2 and and posting as 1.1.2 -- the plan
is to switch the version to 1.2 as soon as we start requiring new
serial numbers and have an an automated way to do upgrades.

Any serial numbers purchased with 1.1.2a45 or newer are the new
scheme and will work with 1.2 -- I need to provide a way to upgrade
purchases and provide new numbers for people who qualify for free
updates.

I'm going to stick with 1.1.2 for the version that works with 1.1
serial numbers and will switch to 1.2 when we require the new serial
numbers, which will allow us to post both during the upgrade process.

As usual, please let us know about any problems.

-Steve

------------

Know issue:

I am working is a problem related to specific firmware version of
newer (USB Video Class compliant) Logitech cameras -- the symptom is
the camera becoming wedged when streaming at certain resolutions.

----- changes in 1.1.2b4 -----

Bump expiration date, improved logging.

----- changes in 1.1.2b3 -----

Don't attempt to cache preferences at static init time -- causing
coreaudiod to crash

----- changes in 1.1.2b2 -----

Change Isoc stream logic to be tolerant of Leopard's high USB call latency:

Don't attempt to calculate if we're close to the current time: try a
block of frames and see if we get a TooOld error

----- changes in 1.1.2b1 -----

Bump expiration date to 4/1

----- changes in 1.1.2a47 -----

Fixed the double-install bug -- you should now be able to install
over any version of the driver on any OS version.

----- changes in 1.1.2a46 -----

The new serial number scheme is in place for all drivers (USB Webcam,
FireWire Webcam, FireWire Industrial) so that new purchases will have
a new (1.2) serial number.

Old serial numbers are now properly recognized and supported until we
have an automatic upgrade system in place. (Fixed a bug in a46)

----- changes in 1.1.2a45 -----

I think we have the new serial number scheme is in place and new
purchase with get a new (1.2) serial number -- this release should
work with a 1.1 serial number and 1.2 serial numbers should work with
any previous driver.

I also may have fixed a crash where QuickTime was crashing if fed a
0-length MJPEG buffer.

----- changes in 1.1.2a44 -----

Bump expiration date, fix web page.

<http://www.ioxperts.com/products/webcamx_1.2.html>

----- changes in 1.1.2a43 -----

This release is mostly to bump the expiration date before 1.1.2a42 expires

I'm still working on the purchase and registration code, but made a
number of improvements to the logging code so that it won't log
anything (and fill up your hard drive) if you leave an expired demo
running after the 30 minute limit.

Also, this version is built with Xcode 2.5 (rather than 2.4.1) so
that I can debug on both Tiger and Leopard.

As always, please report any problems.

Also, we've added updated compatibility notes on our website for
Leopard and various previous operating system
<http://www.ioxperts.com/leopard.html> -- please let me know if you
see anything incorrect.

(We're still cleaning up the pages, but figured is was better to have
something close to correct posted rather than waiting longer)

Happy New Year,

-Steve

----- changes in 1.1.2a42 -----

This is also primarily a regression test release as I've been
cleaning up the purchase and registration code in preparation for
doing a paid update.

(If you're currently testing a demo version and are about to purchase
a copy, please contact me off list as I could use some help verifying
the process once it's ready)

Also, I bumped the demo expiration date to 12/31 as the current betas
expire in in 3 days on 12/15. Please speak up if there are any
problems so they can be fixed before that happens.

Known issues:

   1) Installing over 1.1.2a38 or later will give "no cameras" --
reboot and reinstall to work-around (2nd install will work).

----- changes in 1.1.2a41 -----

This is primarily a regression test and should be functionally
identical to 1.1.2a39 except that I've done a major cleanup of the
core logging code to allow better debugging of application
initialization and IPC.

I'd appreciate it if you could verify that no new bugs are introduced
relative to a39 while I add code that takes advantage to the new
functionaity.

----- changes in 1.1.2a39 -----

Fixed a crash in the logging version of the driver for the divio
chipset (passing a class instead of POD type to printf())

----- changes in 1.1.2a38 -----

Change ioxdeviced from StartupItem to launch-on-demand launchd daemon.

This fixes the problem with ioxdeviced quitting, resulting in no
cameras being visible -- it also has a bit more logging in case there
is still a problem.

My suspicion is that the daemon was being loaded to soon and either
getting in contention with one of the Apple drivers for the hardware
or running before something was ready.

Under Mac OS 10.4 and later, it is now registered with launchd and
loaded only when the video digitizer is accessed by QuickTime, which
will be much later.

It will also be relaunched automatically if it falls over.

One thing I did notice is that there may be an installer problem if
you install 1.1.2a38 over itself -- in this case no cameras will
appear in Camera Identifier. Please let me know if you see this
problem, but you can work around it by rebooting and installing again.

----- changes in 1.1.2a35,36,37 -----

bump expiration date.

----- changes in 1.1.2a34 -----

This is functionally equivalent to a33, except that I've updated to
the latest eSellerate SDK and added support for a few new Logitech
cameras.

----- changes in 1.1.2a34 -----

Update to latest eSellerate SDK

Support for new Logitech cameras

----- changes in 1.1.2a33 -----

Changes to Isochronous bandwidth allocation code and Isoc stream
startup code to prevent stream from restarting when stopping

----- changes in 1.1.2a29 -----

Fix to correct Gamma on newer Logitech cameras

Possible fix (and additional logging to detect) the Skype crash

Prefer YUY2 over MJPEG in UVC video mode selection

----- changes in 1.1.2a28 -----

1.1.2a28 extends the expiration date and includes a few minor
performance improvements.

I've also added some additional logging to try and isolate the
problem with the Philips SPC900NC not being detected after restart.

----- changes in 1.1.2a27 -----

Enabled Intel support for VLSI Vision CPiA-based Cameras

Use physically contiguous Isoch buffers on CPiA and Philips-based cameras.

Allow Isoch pipe reset when stopping stream -- should speed start/stop

----- changes in 1.1.2a26 -----

Added Intel support for cameras based on the Divio NW801 and NW802 chipsets.

Also fixed a few byte swapping errors in common code that may have
caused a few isolated problems.

----- changes in 1.1.2a21 -----

If you're having problems with crashes in Skype, this build _may_ help.

The primary change is that it holds off on some initialization of the
video pipeline until the as late as possible -- this may provide a
slight performance increase as well.

Hopefully there will be a matching Skype update to address the
threading issues we've been seeing.

The cause of the registration dialog popping up multiple times in
Skype is that Skype is opening and closing the digitizer multiple
times at startup -- this is not a problem, but somewhat annoying --
I'm looking at a fix to make the dialog appear only once per
application launch.

----- changes in 1.1.2a20 -----

1.1.2a20 adds support for Face Tracking on Intel-based machines.

In the process, we've done major work on the software pan/tilt/zoom
code which should result in improved performance, but should be
tested thoroughly for compatibility as there are significant
differences in the math.

----- changes in 1.1.2a18 -----

This is primarily to bump the expiration date as 1.1.2a17 expired
today, but we may have fixed a problem in the camera registration
code that could cause a camera to not be recognized under certain
circumstances.

For anyone who has one of the newer Logitech cameras and is having
problems with the audio, drop me a note off-list -- we have an audio
driver that works aroud the bug in the camera about ready for testing.

----- changes in 1.1.2a17 -----

This should fix the problems a few of you reported with the QuickCam
Pro 5000, Fusion, and (Black) QuickCam for Notebooks Pro.

The issue was that the firmware in those cameras returns incorrect
data for some of the controls related to the snapshot function, and
the driver caught and reported the error, unfortunately causing it to
fail on load with those cameras.

I've added code in the driver to work around the bug -- please
versify that the problem is fixed and that the fix didn't cause
issues with any other cameras.

There is still a known issue that the snapshot button on the new
Logitech cameras in not working -- I was hoping to get it fixed, but
didn't want to hold up getting something out with the previous
version expired.

---------

As always, please post any problems to the list.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476