Logitech Webcam USB Standards

Paul 4paul3 at gmail.com
Mon May 5 20:08:41 EDT 2008

I found this comment from Logitech about their webcams compatibility with
USB ports, and the USB drivers that work with their webcams, so if anyone is
having problems getting connected it could be the USB driver that is being
assigned to the camera's USB port the webcam is connected to. You have to
check in System Profiler to see which USB driver is being assigned to the
camera.

"Logitech QuickCam PC Video Cameras are designed to work on either Universal
Host Controller Interface (UHCI) or Open Host Controller Interface (OHCI)
implementations of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) standard."

The link for that is:

http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/logitech_en_amr.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=834&p_created=1089147173&p_sid=aDWF3x2j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTg1LDE4NSZwX3Byb2RzPTg0NCw1JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0yLjUmcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9Mg**&p_li=&p_topview=1

My Sonnet Tango 2.0 FireWire/USB card assigns the AppleUSBEHCI driver
according to System Profiler so Logitech's USB 2.0 cameras won't work with
Sonnet's PCI cards. I haven't found a fix for that yet but if I find one
I'll let you know. I've written Sonnet about it but they wrote back and
referred me to Macintouch.com to get support for their product.