FireWire on Intel Status

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Thu May 15 17:41:03 EDT 2008

I just wanted to let everyone who's been waiting for FireWire support
on Intel know that it's getting close.

I just (an hour ago) got video streaming. Before I can post a release
I have to fix some byte-swapping bugs in the code that converts IIDC
yuv data to a QuickTime-recognized format.

It appears that I also need to document and save the bug in the yuv
4:2:2 transcoder as it's an absolutely beautiful effect:

  <http://www2.ioxperts.com/~sgs/images/FWIntel.png>

(Seems to be an Andy Warhol filter)

Anyway, I thought it was worth mentioning that there's been some
progress and there should be something relatively soon.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476