Snow leopard Support?

Guillermo Enriquez nacho4d at mac.com
Mon Feb 15 11:38:18 EST 2010

Thanks for your quick reply

I see the problem now.
As you said, I am using a IIDC FireWire camera and uses Bayer color.
I also tried HackTV application and as you said I can see 3 cameras
Built-in iSight,
Point Grey (probably using ioxperts drivers?) and
camera (Which is also Point Grey camera but color rendering is correct)

Also tried QTRecorder (see below link) and also can see 3 cameras but
Point Grey  shows only grey colors and
the third one "camera" does not render well colors (as you said). In fact it shows pure black frames.

> If you're writing your own code and use the (old) Sequence Grabber (or VDIG) API, you will see both our drivers and Apple's as separate inputs and can choose freely between them.
> Unfortunately, 3rd party driver developers cannot ship drivers based on the new API (this has been the case for several years) and the new API and many applications on them, do not provide a means for switching between drivers for the same device.

I might be misunderstanding it but, current QT is X  so it means 3rd party can develop with QT 7? Or this affect all QT?

> At the moment, the only way to reliably support 3rd party drivers is to use the old API -- hopefully this will change, but the issue is entirely in Apple's hands. This should also explain why we haven't been doing many driver updates.

I see

Also I have I new idea but, I don't know it will work, (It might take some time to test it) and also this might not the right place to ask about libdc1394.

If I try libdc1394 do I have chances to get correct color frames from my camera?

I did a search and found that there are some private frameworks  that if used, one could get correct behavior (maybe)?(Jun 2007)
http://macdaddyworld.com/2007/07/13/quicktime-72-brings-leopard-functionality/
Perhaps this is the way HackTV is done?
I wonder if there is a place I can get HackTV code?

It would be a good idea to write some requests or bug report to Apple. but what exactly should i write? That QuickTimeX does not render well color that come from a camera with RGB Bayer color frames?

Thanks.

Ignacio