[IOXperts Video-Developers] Re: OK, now how about ->two<- QuickCams?

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Jan 9 18:02:32 GMT 2004

At 2:00 PM -0700 1/9/04, rob shaw wrote:
>However, we're trying to get ->two<- QuickCam Orbits to works simultaneously.
>We have so far gotten the two Orbits to pan and tilt simultaneously,
>by calling FindNextComponent() twice, getting a ComponentInstance
>for both 'vdig's, and using your USB driver.  But there seems to be
>only one SeqGrabComponentType, or 'barg' available, so we can only
>call FindNextComponent() once with that selector, and get only one
>or the other of the cameras.  We're hoping this is easy!

It's not. :-/

There's only one sequence grabber _component_ available, but you can
open multiple _instances_ of it. (Opening a component multiple times
gives you multiple instances)

Once you have 2 SG instance, you need to make sure that each one is
talking to a different camera -- the relevant call is
SGSetVideoDigitizerComponent().

There was a thread on this on the Apple QuickTime API list a few
months back -- someone was doing stereo video -- I think he may be on
this list.

In any case, this should get you going in the right direction.

Let me know if you have any problems -- I want to make sure this
works correctly, but we don't have any good test code.

Thanks,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476