Recommended Way to Set Exposure & Gain on PointGrey Scorpion Camera

inge at mandli.com inge at mandli.com
Wed Aug 17 22:37:47 GMT 2005

Dear IOXperts,

I'm developing a software to interface with a PointGrey Scorpion camera on
Mac platform. Is there any recommended way to change the
value of exposure and gain besides accessing the following registers
directly:

AUTO_EXPOSURE (804h)
SHUTTER (81Ch)
GAIN (820h)
ABS_VALUE_AUTO_EXPOSURE (900h)
ABS_VALUE_GAIN 9 (920h)

Using API provided by IOXperts, I could access those registers. I set both
auto exposure and gain to manual, and shutter to auto. The setting values
that I got were correct. However, the auto exposure and gain values were
always changing (different from the values I wrote into those ABS_VALUE
registers).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Inge