Capturing in Different IIDC modes

Peter Carr carr at cs.yorku.ca
Mon Feb 7 15:01:58 GMT 2005

Hi Steve:

I'm trying to capture from a Fire-i camera in YUV 4:4:4 @ 160x120.  I'm
not sure what function calls (and associated parameter values) I need
to make to accomplish this.

Additionally, do I need to setup a GWorld with the same specs as the
digitizer settings when I decompress the frames?  If my bounds aren't
160x120 at YUV444, will the GWorld resample the data from the digitizer
buffer to make it fit?

Finally, I'm interested in analyzing the images in real time.  As a
result, I'd like to use the altivec extensions.  Should I decompress
the digitizer's image buffer into a vector array instead of a GWorld?
If so, what's the best way to do this?

Thanks!