VideoDigitizer problem and public API

inge at mandli.com inge at mandli.com
Wed Jul 6 14:52:13 GMT 2005

Dear list,

I'm trying to write a software that capture an image everytime the camera
is hardware-triggered (asynchronously, not periodically). I was trying to
use some VideoDigitizer and SequenceGrabber function calls, especially
VDSetupBuffer and VDGrabOneFrameAsync. I always got error -2201 or -2208.
Error -2201 (digiUnimpErr): Digitizer feature is unimplemented.
Error -2208 (noDMAErr): Can't do DMA digitizing; that is, can't go to the
requested destination.

I have taken a look at IOExperts' public API. I have added those files in
the project (I'm using Xcode and Objective-C). It does not seem to be able
to work well.

Also, I want to use 'vdig' (VideoDigitizer component) as type and 'iidc'
as subtype in the application. However, it seems like the application can
only work with the generic SequenceGrabber component. Is it something
that's set in the driver? How can I override it?

Is it possible to just use Sequence Grabber function calls? Which Video
Digitizer function calls should I use to interface with the IOExperts API?

FYI, my camera is Point Grey Research Scorpion IEEE-1394 digicam SCOR20SOC.
I've downloaded the trial version of IOExperts' Industrial Camera Driver.

Thanks much,
Inge Yuwono