API compilation/run-time error

inge at mandli.com inge at mandli.com
Wed Jul 13 17:36:47 GMT 2005

Steve,

I've been trying to integrate the API that you provided with my code. I
tried calling IOXGetFireWireDeviceRegister function from a .m file. This
function is defined in IOXFireWireDeviceComponent.cp file. I have put an
'include' line in the .m file I'm working on. However, when ZeroLink is
turned off, I got a compilation error "Undefined symbol
_IOXGetFireWireDeviceRegister". When Zerolink is turned on, I had no
compilation error. Instead, I got a run-time error "ZeroLink: unknown
symbol '_IOXGetFireWireDeviceRegister'".

FYI, I have copied the IOXFireWireDeviceComponent.h and .cp files into the
same working directory. Is there anything I overlooked or did wrong here?

PS: In IOXGetFireWireDeviceComponent.cp file, shouldn't the
IOXGetFireWireDeviceUniqueID function be:

ComponentGluePB<_IOXGetFireWireDeviceUniqueIDParams> params(ci,
kIOXGetFireWireDeviceUniqueIDSelect);
params.params.uid		= uid;
return CallComponentDispatch((ComponentParameters*)&params);

Thanks much,
Inge Yuwono