screen capture driver

Jorge Maiquez j_maiquez at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:38:11 GMT 2006

Hi there, my name is Jorge Maiquez & this is my first msg here. I don't
really know if this is the right list to post this on, or even if there's
anyone on this list :) but here it goes...

I am a Flash developer (Adobe Flash) and my company (www.digitalsamba.com)
has created an audiovisual conferencing application, which basically allows
users to broadcast audio & video to other users. My question is in reference
to the screensharing feature of the application.

On Windows, the Flash Player only recognises WDM drivers for video devices,
so in order to be able to broadcast the screen activity, we found this
software http://www.hmelyoff.com/index.php?section=4, which is a screen
capture driver for any DirectShow compatible application.

The driver is actually a DirectShow filter that uses the DirectShow API to
grab the screen activity and then wraps a component that simulates a real
WDM driver. It "tricks" the Flash Player into allowing the driver to be
selected as a video capture source.

We now need something similar for the MacOS version of the Flash Player. All
we know so far (from Adobe engineers) is that the MacOS Flash Player will
recognise any QuickTime compatible device driver (if that makes sense).

Is there anything out there that already does this? Or does it need to be
developed, and if so, are any of you interested in taking on such a project?

Thanks!
-Jorge