QuickTime video capture

Mike Travisano mtravisano at Saba.com
Tue Apr 24 15:38:57 GMT 2007

Hello:

I was wondering if someone in this group can provide some insight on the
following:

I want to use the Sequence Grabber to capture video in real-time into a
memory buffer (not preview, not file record) for some processing
downstream. I would like to use a pull model, i.e. I do not want to use
a callback function (as shown in the SGDataProc example) to get called
when a frame has been captured. Instead, I would like to request the
latest frame using a Sequence Grabber function call. A simple way to
view this is that I do not want to use the callback "push" model of
acquiring capture data. I'd like to know if a "pull" model is feasible.

void capture_a_single_frame( bool ready_to_capture )

{

If (ready_to_capture_frame)

{

                        // Ask the Sequence Grabber to give me the last
captured frame into a specified memory buffer

}

}

Thanks.

-Mike