Is OS X 10.5.1 (ppc) UVC 1.0 class compliant??

vyedlapa yedlapalli vdvdrw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:44:51 EDT 2008

  Hi all,

I am testing my video device UVC compliance on mac os x 10.5.1 . i am using
a ppc g5 mac with os x 10.5.1 on it. I considered a webcam "Image pico
webcam " as my baseline and its device descriptors shows it is a UVC 1.1 USB
2.0 class. the pico webcam worked correctly. My device is UVC 1.0 compliant
USB 2.0 HS device and i am not able to use my device on mac.

Does the mac drivers shipped with  OS X 10.5.1  are UVC 1.0 class compliant
or not ?

If not what UVC class (i.e., 1.0 or 1.1) is compliant and for what OS X
version?

Does the ppc and intel architectures make any difference with these UVC
class compatabilities ?

any help greatly Appreciated !!!

Thanks,