802.11b Driver for MacOS X 1.0.3b7 now available for testing

IOXperts Support support at ioxperts.com
Tue Dec 2 11:11:05 GMT 2003

We have just placed version 1.0.3b7 of our 802.11b driver for MacOS X
onto our FTP servers.  This is the final candidate for 1.0.3, which is
currently scheduled to be released later this week, barring any large
unforeseen problems.  Please test this release.  It fixes a number of
problems that crept into 1.0.3b6, and we want to make sure they are all
nailed back down.

Please do not post this information to web sites, versiontracker, etc.
We will do so ourselves later this week when we release 1.0.3.  Thanks.

ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Wireless/Beta/MacOSX/802.11
Driver1.0.3b7.dmg.gz
tp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/Wireless/Beta/MacOSX/802.11
Driver1.0.3b7.dmg.gz

Changes since 1.0.3b6:
- Fixed problems in installer and purchase application that prevented
people from being able to register or purchase the driver properly.
- Fixed a long-standing problem that occured when ejecting the card and
then re-inserting it.  Operation under MacOS X 10.1.5 is unchanged is
unchanged from previous versions: 10.1.5 still will not allow the card
to function if it's re-inserted after being ejected.  However,
operation under 10.2 and 10.3 should be much improved.

This release includes additional device support, bug fixes, updates to
keep pace with Apple's firmware updates to the AirPort and AirPort
Extreme, and new support for a number of PCI "sled-style" adapters
(which consist of a PCI card into which a PCMCIA card can be inserted).

The PCI adapters we support are:

- 3Com AirConnect PCI 777A
- Siemens SpeedStream SS1023
- Nortel emobility
- Netgear MA301
- National Datacomm NCP130
- Eumitcom WL11000, SMC2602W, Addtron AWA-100
- Global Sun Tech GL24110P
- Global Sun Tech GL24110P
- Linksys WDT11
- Longshine 8031
- US Robotics USR2415
- Belkin F5D6000

In our testing so far, we have found that some cards work better in PCI
adapters than others.  For now, we recommend the following cards for
use in PCI adapters:

Agere Systems
         Orinoco Gold
         Orinoco Silver
Avaya Wireless PC Card
Dell Truemobile 1150 mini-PCI Wireless PCMCIA Nic Card for Notebooks
Enterasys/Cabletron
         11 Mbps High Speed Radio Card
         RoamAbout 802.11 DS
Lucent
         WaveLAN Gold
         WaveLAN Silver
         WaveLAN Bronze
Melco/Buffalo
         Wireless 11 Mbps Wireless LAN AIRCONNECT PC Card (WLI-PCM-L11)
         Wireless 11 Mbps Wireless LAN AIRCONNECT PC Card (WLI-PCM-L11G)
         Wireless 11 Mbps Wireless LAN AirStation PC Card (WLI-PCM-L11GP)
Proxim
	Orinoco Gold "Classic"
	Orinoico Silver "Classic"
Sony VAIO
         Wireless LAN Card (PCWA-C100)
         2.4GHz Wireless LAN PC Card (PCWA-C150S)