1.0.3 for Mac OS 8-9 better than 1.0.2?

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Fri Dec 5 19:34:33 GMT 2003

At 12:02 PM -0700 12/5/03, Dallas Eschenauer wrote:
>I've been running 1.0.2.in OS 9.1 on my 3400 with a Linksys WPC11v3.  It
>talks to my Netgear MA102 using 128 bit WEP with fantastic (for .11b)
>throughput.  In other words, 1.0.2 works great.
>
>Is there anything "better" about 1.0.3 that would compel me to upgrade?

In your circumstances, probably not.

Most of the work we did on Mac OS 9 driver was supporting all of the
different password algorithms supported by the X driver -- we also
added a couple of cards and implemented an optional feature required
by the latest AirPort Extreme firmware update.

This is a win for people with an AirPort base station since they can
now enter a text password instead of having to run AirPort Admin
Utility to get a WEP key and enter that in hexadecimal.

So, if you don't have an Apple AirPort Base Station or one of the
previously unsupported cards, there's probably nothing that you care
about.

If you were running Mac OS X, the fixes in card ejection added in
1.0.3b7 are probably worth the update.

Hope this answers your question.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476