Two SSID's with the same network names ...

Michael Duffy mike.duffy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 13:39:06 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have two WLAN's operating on individual private networks with the
same SSID, unfortunately the driver will only select the hub with the
strongest signal. I can see multiple network name entries for the
SSID's in the "Network Name" dropdown box but when I select the second
entry it just re-connects me back to the first hub (My basestation ID
also reports the MAC address from the first basestation).

Is there any way to input the basestation MAC addr instead of the SSID
into the setup or to maybe restrict the channel to control which hub I
can connect to ?

With the exception of this slight problem, the driver works fantastically ...

(Running OSX 10.3.6/w 80211b driver 1.0.3, Orinoco Gold Card)

Mike.