Two SSID's with the same network names ...

Michael Duffy mike.duffy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:26:04 GMT 2004

Hi Brian,

Yes it is a network architecture problem, I will be changing (hiding)
the SSID's in the next few days and adding WEP and whatnot after I
have had a play around with them, but as I have just taken them out of
the box they both have a default SSID and both issue the same IP's
(Naturally running that out of the box config).

This presented me with the problem of being able to connect to an
individual AP as generally an SSID is how the AP is 'known' as you
mentioned.

Yes I could always just configure one at a time but I'm now more
interested in conflicting SSID's, and selecting the one I want instead
of the closest, than a quick configuration. :)

The AP's haven't been set up as bridges and don't have an ethernet
bridge between them so when you connect to them individually (by
turning one off or disconnecting an aerial etc) they act like two
separate networks, just with identical SSID's ...

Mike.