10.4.5/Intel Support?

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed Mar 22 12:31:25 GMT 2006

At 10:27 AM -0600 3/22/06, James Feger wrote:
>Does the latest beta driver actually work with OSX-10.4.5 x86?  I
>have tried it with my "Toshiba Wireless Lan" card, but I get an
>error.  If it is supposed to work, let me know and I will post
>specifics.

Not at the moment -- primary issue being that no Apple Intel hardware
has PCCard slots (or PCI for an adaptor card), so there's no real way
to test.

Assuming you've found an ExpressCard/34 card, we'd need to find out
what chipset it uses and (probably) have to write a new driver for it
(if it isn't one of the chipsets we already support, which I would
doubt as they're all b-only).

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476