IOX Still Camera Beta 1.0.3b16

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Wed Apr 21 16:16:33 GMT 2004

Hi All,

Sorry for the short notice, but we resolved a problem with our USB
Still Camera driver and the version of Apple Image Capture shipped
with Mac OS 10.3 (Panther) and want to get a fix out ASAP.

We've just posted a patch here and would like your assistance in
verifying that it works properly:

<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/USBStill/MacOSX/USBStillCamera1.0.3b16.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/USBStill/MacOSX/USBStillCamera1.0.3b16.dmg.gz>

If you're curious, the issues are that Apple Image Capture won't
download images if the driver doesn't provide a custom icon for the
camera and will crash if an image thumbnail is bigger than 128 pixels
in either dimension.

These will be fixed in a future release of Apple Image Capture, but
we're now working around them in the driver for now.

The only difference between 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 is that the driver always
provides a custom icon and limits the thumbnail size.

----

BTW, as of 10.3, we can finally get Apple Image Capture to release
the hardware when it's done downloading images -- this means we may
be able to support video on the dual-mode cameras soon.

There are a bunch of changes in Apple Image Capture support that
changed in 10.3 so I'd like to know if anyone has a problem with us
requiring 10.3 for the next version.

(We'll continue to support current functionality on 10.1 and 10.2,
but no new features)

More on this later.

Thanks for your support and assistance,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572