IOXperts Video 1.1b53 posted

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Mon Apr 18 15:52:05 GMT 2005

The installers are posted here:

   <http://www.ioxperts.com/downloads/Video/Beta/1.1b53/>
   <ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/Video/Beta/1.1b53/>

Please give these a try -- I'd like to get a 1.1 release out in time for Tiger.

changes in 1.1b53
  Fixed icons in Regster app again.
  Separate entries for Motic and Sargent Welch microscopes.
  One more fix for eSellerate.a in CVS (file added in 2 versions with
case sensititivity)
  Fixed a bug generating duplicate preference entries for FireWire cameras
  Now installs and runs on 10.2.8. (looks like no one on this list is
running 10.2.8)
  Use rm -rf when uninstalling on 10.2 because MoveToTrash tool requires
    a 10.3 only call to obtain the uid of the current login session.
  Shorten base name of dmg.gz files because unstuff scrambles dmg
filename on 10.2.8
    New names are IOXWebcam and IOXIndustrial.
  Built for 10.1.5 - installer issues.
  Add video parameters kVDParamLogging and kVDParamDebug to obtain
    values of qDebugLog and qDebug from digitizers.
  Get iidc camera name in DM using iidc utilities.
  AME cameras with 8116 chip reported as Divio cameras - fix resources.
  Added flag to USBV entry indicating whether a typelist is required.
Fixed all Divio chip type USBV resources
  to indicate that a typelist is required.
  Fix uninstaller script to run on 10.1 - eliminated use of sh
features not available in 10.1.
  CoreFoundation code that uses kCFNull object - return kCFNull only
when min OS is 10.2.

Of specific note:

If you notice any phantom video inputs, try deleting:

    /Library/Preferences/com.ioxperts.devicemonitor.plist

Then reboot and run Camera Identifier to re-identify your cameras.

The fix should be permanent although you will lose any saved video
settings -- this cleans up after a preferences bug we fixed this
release.

The Celestron NexImage and AME CU-001 are now correctly supported --
they were being incorrectly identified.

There are still a few problems we'd like to fix, but given the
proximity to the release of Tiger, we may hold them until 1.1.1 --
hopefully in a couple weeks.

If you have access to Tiger, please test on it -- we don't know of
any problems but want to hear about them if they exist.

Thanks,