Current release status

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Tue Dec 16 11:56:37 EST 2003

At 5:45 PM -0800 12/14/03, Bernard Asagai wrote:
>Any new drivers out for iSight? The last one I tested
>was .27. It did not work.

Not yet -- I've been in "installer hell" for the last week trying to
debug problems with the Mac OS X Installer.

Since we've been quiet for quite awhile I though I'd give everyone an
update as to where we are.

As many of you noticed, there seems to be something wrong switching
inputs that broke after b23 -- this can result in no video because
the driver thinks the hardware is busy.

There are also some problems introduced by Panther and/or QuickTime
6.4 that we're still trying to fully understand.

I've also been working on updating our development tools to XCode so
we can build on Panther -- this gets really fun since the USB camera
kext has to be build under 10.1, but neither my laptop or desktop can
boot into 10.1.

I was going to hold off on converting to XCode until after the 1.1
ship, but it looks like the code generated by XCode is working better
that the Project Builder code and the Panther tools are better for
debugging, so we're probably going to cut over now.

I now know more about building Mac OS X installer packages than I
ever wanted to.

During the update, we discovered a number of installer problems and
have most of them fixed. It looks like we can build the IIDC driver
now, but the USB drivers aren't working yet.

What I'm thinking of doing is releasing the IIDC installer to this
list later today and the other installers as we get them working.
(This is really slow, painful work)

This means that 1.1b28 may be slightly different for each product --
once the installers are working, I want to fix a few bugs and put out
a unified 1.1b29 release.

1.1b28 will have essentially the same code as 1.1b27 except for the
installer code -- but the problems with 1.1b27 may have been
installer related and I want to verify that part of the system before
moving on.

I'm sorry this release has been taking so long -- it hasn't been much
fun on this end either. :-/

More later....

Cheers,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572