Current release status of IIDC

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Fri Dec 19 08:06:09 EST 2003

>Thanks for the word about the installer status
>I really really hoping you get to post something soon!

You're not the only one. :-/

>in the mean while is there any way to "manually" install the drivers?
>
>decompressing the .pkg
>and placing the drivers in to the folders where they need to go?
>
>I've tried three different machines and 4 versions of the OS
>nothing past the b17 will install

b23 should work.

The archive in the package is built like this:

/bin/pax -w -z -x cpio -f /tmp/Installer.pkg/Contents/Archive.pax.gz ./

(see "man pax")

You should be able to extract it, giving you a directory mirroring
where the various files go on your drive.

You'll need to drag install the component to /Library/Components and
the Device Monitor and Purchase applications to /Library/Application
Support/IOXperts

For the webcam driver, there is also a .kext which is optional -- it
only puts newly connected USB cameras into low-power mode -- if it's
not installed nothing bad will happen (except the light on the camera
will stay on until the first time it's used and closed).

HTH,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572