[IOXperts Video-Discuss] IOXperts WebCam Driver 1.1b24

Dave Koziol support at ioxperts.com
Wed Oct 8 10:23:34 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 12:22 AM, Glen Gyldersleve wrote:

> I just downloaded the 1.1b24 driver.  I'm using an AME CU-68R, which
> is new to the list.  It appeared to install correctly and recognized
> the camera.  I get a "register or use temporarily message" as expected
> (I select "later").  Unfortunately, no applications recognize the
> camera.  I tried by iChat AV and iSpQ chat.
>
> Is there some additional debugging information I could give??
>
> The system.log looks like good info:
> Oct  7 21:17:47 tiamat mach_kernel: USBF:       1927.632
> AppleUSBComposite[0x491dc80](USB Camera) SetConfiguration (1) returned
> 0xe000405d

That appears to be a "not enough power for selected configuration"
error.

Try connecting your camera directly to the back of your Mac.
Alternatively, try connecting your camera to a hub which has power.

Also, before you make any changes can you make note of how things are
connected now.  I'd like to try to change the driver to give a useful
error message in this circumstance.  Then I'd like to send you a driver
with that change and have you verify that you get the correct error
message.

Thanks for reporting this problem,

Dave Koziol
VP of Engineering