[IOXperts Video-Discuss] WebCam

Dave Koziol support at ioxperts.com
Thu Oct 9 10:51:40 EDT 2003

On Thursday, October 9, 2003, at 04:51 AM, j.Louis Guilleminot wrote:

> I have a IREX webcam  when I was on OS 9.2 and since I am on OS X it
> does
> not work. I try to find on your site a driver that would suit my
> webcam but
> no answer. Can you help if there is any chance to find one. Thanks.
> J.louis

We don't have any information on an IREX webcam.  Check to make sure
it's not an iRez webcam.  If it's not an iRez webcam, please send us
the USB Prober output for that camera.  See step two at the bottom of
this page <http://www.ioxperts.com/devices_allcams.html> for details on
generating USB Prober information.

In case you meant iRez, iRez has sold at least 5 webcams, and you
didn't specify which one you have, so here is information about all of
the ones we know about.

Supported by our Webcam Drivers:
iRez KritterDigital FireWire Camera
iRez StealthFire 1394/FireWire Video Camera
iRez USB 1.0

Not currently supported:
iRez Kritter USB 1.1
iRez Kritter USB 1.2

Our installer will detect if you have a supported camera or not.

The USB 1.1 and 1.2 cameras will show OmniVision in Apple System
Profiler. The 1.0 version will show Divio in ASP.

The 1.1 and 1.2 versions use a chipset that we don't currently support.
  We have some information on this chipset, but not as much information
as we'd like.  Initially, we are focused on supporting devices for
which we have complete information, but we are interested in supporting
the chipset in those cameras.  If and when we have something, we'll
announce it on our product announcement mailing list.  See
<http://www.ioxperts.com/contact.html> for details on our mailing lists.

Hope that helps,

Dave Koziol
VP of Engineering