[IOXperts Video-Discuss] IOXperts WebCam Driver 1.1b24

Joe Di Dio jd397 at columbia.edu
Sun Oct 19 18:15:00 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have 2 different webcam models and have had some significant problems
with this beta.  I have tested each camera in BTV, and alone and
simultaneously in SecuritySpy and ImageCaster.  The cameras are a
Logitech QuickCam Zoom and Zoom ZoomCamUSB 1596.  In all cases, the
applications identify both cameras as "Philips Vesta Scan"; no matter that
I gave them names in the installation.

In BTV aside from the name, the Logitech works fine.  The Zoom appears as
if it has a purple filter over it, which then switches to red and then
green after about 2 seconds then stays on green.  Strange.

In SecuritySpy, I get the following error for either camera: "There was
an error from one of the local devices. It will be disabled.  Device:
Philips Vesta Scan  Error Code: 800".  Nothing is displayed.  Same effect
for both cameras at the same time.

In ImageCaster, the purple-red-green thing happens to the Zoom.  The
Logitech works fine.  For simultaneous cameras, only the Logitech shows
up.

In both cases, the settings for brightness, contrast, etc. were set around
50%, but generally not 50%... one said 50.4%, one 50.79%, even 62.5%.
Pressing the "default" button does nothing for these values with the
Logitech.  For the Zoom, pressing "default" sets all values to 50.0%, as
expected.  Also, entering a numerical value for the percentage has no
effect on the sliders in the "Image" tab.  It works fine in the "IOXpers"
tab.  However, the ZoomCam has many fewer control options than the
Logitech QuickCam Zoom, including no support for shutter or gain control.

I hope this information is helpful to your efforts.

Joe  Di Dio
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Engineering
Columbia University