IOXperts Webcam/IIDC 1.1b29 Available

Steve Sisak steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
Wed Jan 21 10:41:33 EST 2004

At 9:31 PM +0100 1/20/04, Manfred Schubert wrote:
>When I sort, I sort by type of application, not by vendor. So I
>would sort it myself into my own subfolders after installation. And
>for now when the Camera Control app is the only one it's sort of
>unnecessary at all.
>
>But that's just my opinion of course. Collect others before you make
>a decision.

Any other opinions? (I don't have a strong one and this is easy to change)

BTW-Is anyone seeing any compatibility problems with b29?

We're working on a b30 that has a few fixes, almost all in the
settings dialog (some of the sliders being irritable when tracking).

I do have a UI question on this front: When that hardware only
supports discrete steps (say 16 levels of gain) would you prefer the
slider to snap to the actual values as it's dragged or drag smoothly
and snap to to the final value at the end.

I also need to look at a problem where the FireWire driver may look
at the hardware at a time when iChat has the Apple driver open.

(There are a few issues with iChat behaving badly -- it looks like it
may tie up the camera whenever it's open preventing us from accessing
the camera whenever it is running, even if there are no video chats
going on -- more later on that)

Are there any other serious issue I missed that can't wait for 1.1.1?

Thanks,

-Steve

P.S. The list is now unmoderated again -- please be careful with your
replies. :-)
Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                     voice: +1 617 876-2572
87 Bristol St #3A                                    fax: +1 617 876-2337
Cambridge, MA 02139                               mobile: +1 617 388-6476