IOXperts Webcam/IIDC 1.1b30 for X Available

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Tue Jan 27 18:31:40 EST 2004

I've just posted the Mac OS X builds -- the 9 builds will be up shortly.

1.1b30 appears to be very stable and we'll probably release this one
to wider testing assuming all goes well for this group -- please let
us know if you see any stop ship bugs.

A reminder that a few people have reported Installer.ap failing if it
encounters a corrupt receipt from a previous install -- we still have
no idea what causes this, but the workaround is to delete the receipt
it's complaining about.

Here the issues we know about:

1) When setting manual red/blue gain on Philips-based USB cameras,
the sliders will snap to the wrong value when released. (Get/Set of
red/blue gains are not symmetric at the moment)

2) We need to tune scale factors for a couple of sliders.

3) Camera Control is not working with Apple iApps (iMovie, iChat)

4) Camera Control only handles one camera at a time for now.

(The last two will probably wait for version 1.1.1)

Please let us know if you find any more.

BTW- After consulting several dictionaries, we've decided that webcam
is spelled "Webcam" on "webcam" -- not "WebCam" or "Web Cam". Please
let us know the locations of any misspellings you find because it
takes forever to find them all.

Thanks,

-Steve

------

Version 1.1b30 of both our Webcam and IIDC drivers for Mac OS X are
available here:

<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/Webcam1.1b30.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b30.dmg.gz>

<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/Webcam/Beta/MacOSX/Webcam1.1b30.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b30.dmg.gz.hqx>

Also, new with this version, we are posting logging versions of all
of our drivers:

<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/WebCam/Beta/MacOSX/Webcam1.1b30log.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp2.ioxperts.com/IOXperts/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b30log.dmg.gz>

<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/Webcam/Beta/MacOSX/Webcam1.1b30log.dmg.gz>
<ftp://ftp.ioxperts.com/pub/drivers/IIDC/Beta/MacOSX/IIDC1.1b30log.dmg.gz.hqx>

These will log all calls to the video driver to the file "\IOXperts
debug.log" in the root of your hard drive.

By default all calls except the grabbing of frames
(VDCompressOneFrameAsync, VDCompressDone, VDReleaseCompressBuffer)
are logged (so the log file won't consume your entire hard drive) --
to see these and frame timing data, depress the "Caps Lock" key.

To watch the driver calls in real time, execute the following command
in a terminal window:

tail -f /IOXperts\ debug.log

This should be useful both for isolating driver bugs and for
application developers trying to to debug their application.

Please let us know if you have any problems.

Best wishes,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572