IOXperts Webcam/IIDC 1.1b30 for X Available

Steve Sisak support at ioxperts.com
Fri Jan 30 14:54:01 EST 2004

At 9:26 AM -0800 1/30/04, Hans Tobeason wrote:
>Multiple attempts to reinstall failed in the same way, even when I
>chose a different name for the camera, thus bypassing the naming
>error.  I've never had a problem upgrading the IOXperts software
>before.  Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure removing all old copies of the driver from
/Libraries/Components and reinstalling will work.

However, before you do that, could you please run the installer,
choose "Show Log" from the File (I think) menu, select "Show
Everything" in the Log window, then install and send us a copy of the
log file.

If you could also stuff up the files you remove from
/Library/Components, it may be of some use.

I'm pretty sure this is either a) a permissions problem or b) unix
tools being lame about running on a case-insensitive file system (we
changed "WebCam" to "Webcam" in a few places.

If removing the components isn't enough, try also deleting
/Library/Application Support/IOXperts (you might want to save the
"Device Keys" folder in there to save some typing.

I'm almost positive removing the old files will work, but I'd rather
know exactly what's going on in case there's something we can do to
fix it.

HTH,

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572