USB WebCam driver with iRez Kritter

Steve Sisak (Support) support at ioxperts.com
Thu Jul 22 11:50:15 EDT 2004

At 9:27 AM -0400 7/22/04, Dan Velleman wrote:
>1.  Unlike your situation, my camera *doesn't* work on another
>system that it used to work on.  The other system is 10.2.8, so it's
>not a panther problem.  It worked on that system on Monday, and it
>didn't work on Wed., and the system wasn't changed.  It looks to me
>like the camera is dead.
>2.  It worked in 10.3.4 until I paid IOXperts, and then it stopped
>*immediately*.  Again, that doesn't sound like a 10.3.4 problem to
>me, it sounds like a problem with the registration process for the
>driver.

A couple other questions:

What version of QuickTime are you running on these two systems?

Did you upgrade QuickTime on your 10.2.8 system between the time your
camera worked an when it didn't?

Are there any other devices connected? (What's selected in the
"Source" panel in the Video Settings dialog?) Sometimes another
device, like a DV camera that's powered off will be found first and
generate black video.

Did you ever run the logging version of the beta driver like I asked
you? This would tell us the driver's every response to the Sequence
Grabber -- without it I can only give you guesses.

In any case, I've refunded your money and need spend time on a
contract for a couple days so I can fund continued driver development
and pay my bills -- I can pick up again next week if you're really
interested.

Steve Sisak, CTO                                 steve.sisak at ioxperts.com
IOXperts, Inc.                                            +1 617 876-2572