crashing in BTVPro

Michael Engelhart mengelhart at mac.com
Sun Apr 24 12:35:44 EDT 2005

Hi -
I've been struggling trying to get the Celestron NexImage to work with
BTVPro.

90% of the time when I launch BTV Pro and then go to video Settings
from the menu, it crashes.   I've tried uninstalling both BTVPro and
the driver as well as removing all the preferences files associated
with both programs and it still happens.  If it does load the dialog
window, it's very very sluggish and often times will also crash the
application.

Another problem I'm having is that I can't get the camera to work if
it's connected to active USB extension cables.  I have tried several
other devices including a digital still camera Canon A70 using the
Canon Remote Capture software using an extension and it works fine.

What I'm not sure of is the driver selection for the camera.   It
chooses the AME - CU 101 as the camera  but I've seen on various forums
that the NexImage uses the same chipset as  the Philips TouCam?   Even
weirder is that if I connect the camera up and launch Virtual PC, in
the PC Settings dialog the USB Device shows up as an Ariston USB Device
which is what the Driver was choosing as a device in version 1.1b52.
???

I realize this is a beta but I'm trying to find out how to help make
the driver work better with my camera.

Let me know if there's anything I can send (crash logs, etc) to help
with these issues .

Thanks
Mike