crashing in BTVPro

Michael Engelhart mengelhart at mac.com
Sun Apr 24 20:24:42 EDT 2005

Well I think I've narrowed down some of the problem.   I downgraded to
BTV (non-pro) and now I can open the Video Settings window and also
basically everything works as advertised and snappy as well.   But...
when I use my active USB Extension cables,  everything crawls to a halt
and I can't capture any video.    Actually I even did a quick test with
a short 3 foot extension cable (non-active plalin old USB cable) and I
wasn't able to capture.    The NexImage has a 7 foot cable so even with
a 3 foot extension it should work right?

My understanding from the TrippLite website is that there is no
performance loss due to the active circuitry which boosts the signal
every 15 feet.  I've tried both 1 and 2 active cables daisy chained but
no luck.

Thanks for any help.

Mike